Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Just One Of Those Days!"


Have you ever had something happen and said to yourself, "it's going to be "ONE OF THOSE DAYS?!"
We've all had days like that.  Days that start off on a bad note and just get worse as the day goes on...and on

For example, my daughter had the flu a week ago.  I was the primary one taking care of her, and I ended up with the flu over the last weekend.  It was so bad that on Sunday morning I couldn't make it to church - first sign it was going to be "One of Those Days."  A little while later I got a call from my wife who said one of the church vans had been T-boned - second sign it was going to be "One of Those Days."

A man who was no stranger to a bad day was Paul, look at this list found in 2 Corinthians.

2 Corinthians 11:24-27

24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.

Paul was no stranger to bad days.  But Paul also knew something that we can all learn from.

When faced with a difficult situation: Prayer + Praise = Freedom!

When Paul and Silas were imprisoned in Acts 16, they prayed and praised God despite their imprisonment and the foundations of the jail were shaken and they were set free.

 25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.

What kind of a day are you having?
What kind of opposition are you facing?

Take a tip from Paul, who understood "bad days" 
 Prayer + Praise = Freedom!

Blessings! 

2 comments:

  1. Today is starting out as one of those days for me. Thanks for this. I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. Are we losing our home, our jobs or a loved one? It could always be worse right? At the end, nothing can rob us of His love or our Salvation even in the midst of losing our peace, His still remains! Praising God for that too! Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete