Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Appointment's With God" TAKE time!


We live in such a fast paced society!  There are so many people and things competing for our time and attention.  My day is fragmented into 1 hour slots of time, appointments, meetings, events, deadlines etc.  I have been so slammed over the last couple of weeks, I haven't even TAKEN the time to blog.  Notice I didn't say HAVE time to blog.

In regards to our time, I wonder why we so often neglect to give time and attention to "scheduling" time with God, our Father, the Creator of the universe?  Is it because we don't HAVE time or is it because we don't TAKE time.

I have two daughters; a two and a half year old and a six month old.  Both of which DEMAND my attention whether I plan on giving it to them or not.  The majority of the time (any time other then when they are sleeping) my house is a pretty noisy, happening place.  In order for me to get a few minutes of peace and quiet, I literally have to sneak out the front door and sit on the front porch - often times with a cup of coffee.

If we truly profess to have a relationship with God, a real relationship with God.  We have to TAKE time to spend with him, just him - no distractions.

Our lives are so busy and hectic and draining.  Going for long periods of time without direct connection with God can lead to physical, emotional and spiritual drain.  We rely on that time with God like a car relies on gas to keep it going, or like a plant relies on water to make it grow.  When we starve ourselves from that one-on-one time with God we starve our bodies and souls from the essential spiritual nutrients needed to survive.

So what is your schedule like today?


Do you have a 10, 12, 2, and 4'oclock meeting scheduled?


When do you plan on spending time with God?



"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." 
Mark 1:35

No comments:

Post a Comment