Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jehovah - Jireh (Our Provider)


 "He covers the sky with clouds;
   he supplies the earth with rain
   and makes grass grow on the hills.
"He provides food for the cattle
   and for the young ravens when they call."
(Psalm 147:8-9) 

In Genesis we read the name, Jehovah-jireh (or Yahweh-yireh, The Lord will provide), it was a place in the land of Moriah. It was where God told Abraham to offer his son as an offering to God.  Abraham named the place after the Lord provided a ram to sacrifice in place of Isaac.
"And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen." (Genesis 22:14)
 As I sit at my desk, I can hear the constant pelting of the rain hitting my window.  I am reminded that we serve a mighty God who created all that is around us.  I am reminded and comforted that He has a plan.  As I sort through a budget and make financial decisions that affect our operations and our ministry I am reminded that he is Jehovah-Jireh, our Provider. 


No matter what you're going through...  


No matter how tough your situation is...

                ...Our God is able to and willing to meet your needs!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."
(Philippians 4:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment