Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Etch A Sketch for your soul!"





One of my greatest joys is working with the men, women and children that come through our Emergency Shelter.  We see on a daily basis so many people who are at the end of their rope, without hope.  One of the things I try to convey to each person I deal with is that no matter what has happened in their past, no matter what circumstances have led them to our doors, to this place - There is hope!

The thing I find that is so common with dealing with someone at this point, is that they almost feel like they have done it wrong for so long, there is no way they can get back on track.  They oftentimes have severed any ties or relationship with family and have usually burned numerous bridges.

The most amazing part of my job is to see someone at this point come to the realization that with God, all things are possible and that there is hope and that they can be made new!

2 Corinthians 5:17 says this...

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 

One of my favorite toys growing up was the "Etch a Sketch"  I loved making intrique designs then being able to shake it up and start over.

No matter your mistakes, no matter your past, Christ provides an "etch a sketch" for our soul!
Why not allow Him to make you a new creation!


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment